Mandate, Mission and Vision
Under the Directorate of Management Services, currently headed by Mrs. Betty Banyoya M. Angwao as Ag. Director.
The Department is headed by a Ag. commissioner, Mr. .
The Department of Systems Improvement is responsible for the “engendering improvement of Government business processes in service delivery through continuous business process reviews for value addition in service delivery and reduction or elimination of waste. This reduces operational costs, time taken to execute tasks and improve on the value of output to the client/populace.
The department carries out; Process Design and Management, Development of One Stop Centre System, Cost Analysis and Control, Work study and work Measurement, Work Quantification, Cost Benefit Analysis, Value Analysis, Procedural Audits and Cost Control Measures.
OUTPUT: Organizational structures for MDAs developed and reviewed
- Structures for 20 General Hospitals reviewed and a draft report presented to the key stakeholders
- Technical support provided to the following 12 MDAs and 32 LGS in the implementation of their structures;
Uganda Cancer Institute ,MoH, MoFA ,NEMA ,Bunyangabo DLG ,Yumbe DLG, Rukiga DLG ,Bugiri DLG ,Mbale MC,Masindi MC ,Butebo DLG,Hoima MC Wakiso DLG, Nansana MC, Lyatonde DLG, Bukomansimbi DLG, Napak DLG, Serere DLG, Busia DLG, Sheema DLG, Wakiso DLG, Nansana MC, Kyengera TC, Mitooma DLG, Judicial Service Commission, Apac DLG, Kaberamaido DLG , Manafwa DLG, Rukungiri DLG,Rakai DLG,MoSTI MoGLSD, MAAIF, Amudat DLG, Kigumba Petroleum Institute, Soroti University and Kaabong DLG Ntungamo DLG,Nejru MC, Ssekanyonyi Tc,Zigoti TC,Bbanda TC,Kabujogera TC,Bigodi TC,Kabuga TC,MoD&VA Bududa DLG,Mbale MC,Masaka DLG ,Mityana DLG,Wakiso DLG, Kira MC ,Makindye Ssabagabo, ,Ntinda Vocational Training Institute, Uganda Heart Institute,Uganda Sports Association,Mbarara Referral Hospital
- Project Proposal developed and submitted to cabinet for approval &MOFPED;
- Capacity building and Technical Support on implementation of Service Uganda Centres provided to service providers of; Jinja MC Mini SUC, Kasese MC Mini
SUC ,MoPS Mini SUC.
- Sensitization and capacity building of the Candidate SUC of; Regional Centre ±Mbale ,Regional Centre Kasese ,Hoima MC Mini SUC ,MoW&T Mini SUC , MAAIF Mini SUC , Lira and Arua carried out.
- Implementation guidelines disseminated to the service providers start up centres for regional centres put in place
- Structures for 6 MDAS, 37 LGs reviewed and customised;
MDAs; MoH, MoICT, MoTW&A,MoGLSD,UHI, JSC
Town Councils; Kadungulu, Kidetok, Rwerere, Masheruka, Kitagata, Bikurungu, Nawayo, Bushigayi, Nangako
Districts: Rakai, Kyotera, Rukiga, Kabaale, Pallisa, Butebo, Manafwa, Namisindwa, Bunyangabu, Kabarole, Pakwach, Nebbi Kaperabyong DLG,Bugweri DLG,Nabiratuk DLG,Kasanda DLG,Nabingola TC ,Kwania DLG,Kinkube DLG,Lwampanga TC, Mayirikiti TC,Bbanda TC Zigoti TC ,Ssekanyonyi TC Matany TC,Rugombe TC Kabujogera TC and Kabujogera TC;
- Draft report on Reviewing staffing Norms for Accounts, Procurement and Inventory Management
- Cadres of MoFPED prepared and presented to the stakeholders of Ministry of Finance Planning and economic Development
- Draft report on the Structure for Kyambogo University prepared and presented to University Management.;
- 40 % approved structures uploaded on the IPPS.
- Structures for 20 District Hospitals reviewed and restructured
- Technical support provided to 30 LGs and 46 MDAs on implementation of structures approved in FY 2016/17
- Structures for 5 Service Uganda Centers developed and implemented.
- Structures for 5 MDAs and 30 LGs Reviewed, developed and customized
Output: Review of dysfunctional systems in MDAs and LGs
- Draft report on the teacher registration process in place;
- Draft reports on the Refugee management and disaster preparedness and management systems in place.
- Zero draft catalogue manual in place
- Draft report on the teacher registration process in place and awaits discussion with Stakeholders in the Education Sector.
- One cumbersome business process (Teacher Registration) reviewed and reengineered
- Government systems catalogued, mapped and cumbersome systems identified in Education Sector
OUTPUT: Analysis of cost centres/constituents in MDAs and LGs
- 4 staff were trained in specialized management services.
- Job Descriptions manual for: MAAIF, Ministry Water and Environment, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Directorate of Public Prosecution, Office of the Prime Minister, MoGLSD, MOSTI, Draft nyabyeya forestry college,
- Draft Works and Specifications for posts in 15 MDAs;Transport, Draft MoLG, Ministry of internal affairs ,directorate of immigration, analytical laboratory, dept of community services ,NGO board and Draft manual Ministry of health.
- Technical advice on job descriptions and person Secifications provided to all 12 MDAs & 18LGs; Ministry of ICT, National Council Of Higher Education, KABALE MC, Adjumani DLG, Office of the President, Ministry of finance, Njeru MC, Adjumani DLG, Ministry of tourism, Office of the President, Ministry of finance, Kamuli MC, SHEEMA MC, Wakiso, sheema MC, National Population Council, Mubende MC, Kyenjojo DLG, Ministry of tourism Ministry of Local Government, National Population Council, Mubende MC and Kyenjojo DLG, PSC, Health service, commission, Kigumba DLG, Kiryandongo TC, Bududa DLG, Kamuli DLG and Iganga DLG;
- Job evaluation conducted in 2 MDAs; Busitima University and East African Community Headquarters Arusha
- Scheme of service for 6 cadres in public service developed; Office finalised,
- Economists Medical Laboratory, Administrative Cadre, Nurses and midwifery, Internal Auditor
- 2 staff trained in specialized management services.
- Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for posts in 14 MDAs and 30 LGs reviewed and developed
- Scheme of service for cadres in public service developed