Overview, Mandate and Vision
Under the Directorate of Human Resource Management, which is currently headed by Ag. Director Mr. Ojok Thomas
The Department is headed by Ms, Muwonge Josephine, the Commissioner – Performance Management.
Designs, develops and monitors the implementation of Performance Management Policy/ Standards, Result Oriented Management; Performance Appraisal, Performance Assessment, Programs Impact Assessment, Performance recognition and Reward and Target and standards setting; Ensures that the existing performance management systems in the Public Service reflect good practice standards and are implemented consistently by managers to ensure that a proper and realistic performance dialogue takes place at all levels.
To develop, manage and supervise the implementation of Performance management policies, systems, guidelines and procedures for the Public Service
- To initiate policies and legal framework related to performance management
- To undertake and champion Results Oriented Management in the Public Service
- To undertake and coordinate development and implementation of Client Charters in the Public Service
- To coordinate performance appraisal, training and sensitization
- To undertake institutional performance assessment
- To coordinate performance recognitions and sanctions
Output: Public Service Performance management
- Final draft rewards and sanctions framework in place.
- The Performance Agreement for Responsible Officers reviewed and linked to the BSC
- ROM rolled out to3 DLGs and 5 MCs i.e. Moro, Kagadi and Kakumiro; Municipalities of Mityana, Mubende, Nansana, Kira and Makindye -Sabagabo
- Technical support was provided to 10 MDAs of OPM, MoPS (RIM), MoTIC, Prison Services, MoWT, Kabalore RRH, Mubende RRH, China-Uganda Friendship Hospital, Mulago RRh and Butabika RRH and 21 DLGs of Katakwi, Moroto, Nakapiripirit, Kotido, Kotido MC, Kayunga, Buikwe, Mukono, Wakiso, Mpigi, Mityana, Kiboga, Hoima, Masindi, Nakasongola, Gulu, Kyankwanzi, Kiboga, Luwero, Nakasongoloa and Wakiso
- Rewards and sanctions frame work reviewed and disseminated performance management tools reviewed and linked to balance scorecard perspectives and guidelines issued to the service
- ROM rolled out to 4 DLGs and 23 Municipal Councils.
- Technical support provided to 10 MDAs and 20 LGs on implementation of performance management initiatives