The Ministry of Public Service has issued CIRCULAR LETTER NO. 3 OF 2020 to provide Guidance to the Public Service Staff and the Public on the Corona Virus (COVID-19)
The Circular can be downloaded below:
CIRCULAR LETTER NO. 3 OF 2020 to provide guidance on the COVID-19 0.00 KB 364 downloadsCIRCULAR LETTER NO. 3 OF 2020 to provide guidance on the COVID-19 ...
The full text of the Circular Letter No. 3 of 2020 is below:
The World Health Organisation declared Corona Virus (COVID-19) a pandemic which is rapidly spreading across the globe. Uganda is one of the latest countries that have reported and confirmed cases of infection.
Government wishes to ensure continuity of delivery of services at all facilities. However, safety of the Public Officer and prevention of the spread of Corona Virus (COVID-19) is a paramount concern in ensuring Government maintains a healthy workforce free of the virus.
In this regard, H.E. the President of the Republic of Uganda issued directives on the various preventative measures to mitigate the spread of the virus.
Section 7 of the Public Service Act 2008, which bestows the authority for the overall management and administration of the Public Service to the Minister responsible for Public Service, to facilitate implementation of the preventive measures as directed by H.E. the President, the Service is hereby guided as below:
- Each Ministry, Department, Agency and Local Government should identify skeleton staff to remain on duty to ensure that essential services continue to be provided.
- All those staff providing Health Services and Security Organs are excluded from these guidelines.
- Skeleton staff retained in Government premises should as much as possible avoid physical contacts with fellow staff and external clients.
- Responsible Officers should provide the general public with vital institutional contacts of the Ministries/ Departments/ Agencies and Local Governments such as phone numbers, e-mails, websites and other electronic media to enable limited physical interaction with clients.
- Use of Electronic documents or correspondences should be encouraged by MDAs and LGs where possible.
- Protective kits such as gloves and nasal masks should be availed to all first line employees retailed at the Government premises.
- Staff retained at office premises should strictly observe regular hand washing/sanitation as guided by the Ministry of Health.
- As provided by the Ministry of Health, in case of a suspected infection immediate contact should be made using the following lines: 800 203033 & 800 100066 (Toll Free) or 0772 460297 and 0782 909153 for the designed medical personnel.
Responsible officers are required to implement and bring the content of this circular to the attention of staff under their jurisdiction with immediate effect from 26th March 2020 until the expiry of H.E the President’s directive.
For more information on preparing your Ministry/ Department/ Agency or Local Governments workplace for the COVID-19, please visit www.publicservice.go.ug