Hon. Prisca B. Mbaguta Sezi (Mrs.) State Minister of Public Service
Hon. Prisca Bessy Mbaguta Sezi is the Minister of State for Public Service since June, 2006. As a Minister of State, she has played a pivotal role in transforming the Public service into a more responsive and customer focused Institution for better service delivery.
She has been involved in the management of the Public Service for the past 30 years rising from the position of Personnel Officer and retiring in June 2006 at the rank of Director of Human Resource in the Ministry of Public Service. During that time she worked under the following Government Ministries/Departments:
• Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications ;
• Ministry of Animal Industry and Fisheries (former)
• Public Service Commissioner
• Deputy Secretary of the Public Service Review and Re-organization Commission
In her career as a Human Resource practitioner, she has been responsible for:
• Human Resource Development, HRM and Compensation;
• Deputy Chairperson on the National Taskforce, under the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development. in conjunction with Ministry of Public Service
• Chairperson Inter-Ministerial Committee on Public Universities Remuneration, Makerere University and Resolution of Kyambogo University conflicts;
• Developed the Pay Reform policy and Implementation Strategy and the Code of Conduct for the Public Service;
• Developed the Principles for the Public Service Act, 2008
• Reviewed Uganda Government Standing Orders, 2009
• Chairperson Inter-Ministerial Task Force on improvement of payroll management and Payroll cleaning exercises for the Public Service
• Matron on the Africa Public Sector Human Resource Managers’ Network (APS-HRMnet)
• Member on the Task Force on Universal Access on Global Health Workforce Alliance
She holds a Masters Degree of Public Administration and Management; a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management, and BA (Hons) Political Science and Public Administration (MUK).
She has also participated in the following training programs:
• World Bank course on Pension Reform ( World Bank Headquarters)
• Pension Reform (Royal Palm Hotel Dar es Salaam TZ)
• Result Oriented Management (UMI)
• Public Sector Reform (Singapore Civil Service College)
• Pay Reform Management (UK)
• International Human Resource Development (Vienna Austria)
• International Personnel Management (Royal Institute of Public Administration (UK).
• Advanced Certificate in General Management (ESAMI).
• Certificate in Payroll Management and Computation