The mandate of the Civil Service College Uganda is to provide in-service practical, skills oriented training and re-orientation of public officers, support policy research, provide advice and promote innovations to help move reforms forward for enhanced performance and public service delivery in the strategic areas of national development.
The core functions of the Civil Service College Uganda are derived from its mandate. These include:
- In-service Training and Re-orientation of Public Officers;
- Supporting Policy Research and Providing Advisory Services; and
- Supporting Innovations towards improvement in Public Service Performance and Service Delivery.
A Centre of Excellence effectively responding to Public Service Development needs through high quality in-service training, policy research and Innovations. This will be premised on financial sustainability and operational efficiency, delivered by committed, creative and professional team.
To provide practical, skills-oriented in-service training for public officers, policy advice and support innovations to improve service delivery in the public sector.
The following Core Values form the basis of the CSCU’s corporate culture:
- Professionalism : The CSCU staff strives to uphold professionalism in whatever we do. We take personal responsibility for the production of the results we are responsible for, without close supervision. We withstand ethical scrutiny by being committed to high standards of excellence in day-to-day operations.
- Integrity : We conduct our duties and provide services with truthfulness, professionalism, sincerity and in a transparent manner.
- Learning Organisation : We embrace continuous improvement and learning through experiences, successes and even failures. We translate lessons learnt into improved service delivery. Innovation and best practices underpin the CSCU’s effort to support the transformation of the Public Service.
- Patriotism : We are committed to love of and devote ourselves to our country and its fundamental ideals and service to all our clients without discrimination.
- Team Work : We endeavor to work together as a team in order to achieve our vision, mission and strategic objective
Serving with Dignity, Pride and Joy.
The CSCU Functional Organisation Structure
CSCU Current Core Team
Civil Service College Uganda Inducts Newly Recruited Public Officers at the National Leadership Institute Kyankwanzi.
A number of 305 Officers from different Government Ministries and Departments have undergone a two weeks Induction Training Course at The National Leadership Institute Kyankwanzi.The training held between 18th September and 1st October was organized by the Civil Service College working hand in hand with the Human Resource Department of the Ministry of Public Service.More......
Induction Training Course in Highlights in Pictures..
More Highlights in Pictures..
Civil Service College launches the Leadership and Change Management Core Programme.
The Second Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Service Henry Muganwa Kajura has officially launched the Leadership and Change Management Core Programme.The programmes are designed to shape the development of leadership and manage change in the Ugandan Public Service Sector. Read More..........
Civil Service College Uganda rolls out Leadership and Change Management Programmes to Southwestern Uganda
With the available limited resources against high demand Government through the Civil Service College Uganda is rolling out its country wide training to Public Servants in leadership and Change Management.Read more......